At the car wash! Cambridgeshire fire fighters to make your car sparkle - all in the name of charity
- Credit: Archant
Motorists can swing by a number of car washes run by firefighters from around Cambridgeshire for charity this month.
Organisers are hoping the events will be well supported by the community to raise cash for The Fire Fighters Charity.
Crews and volunteers will be giving up their time to run the car washes at the venues below:
• Parkside Place Community Fire and Rescue Station, in Parkside, Cambridge, from 9am until 5pm on Saturday, March 12.
• Whittlesey Fire Station, Cemetary Road, Whittlesey, from 9am until 2pm on Saturday, March 12.
You may also want to watch:
• Huntingdon Fire Station, Hartford Road, Huntingdon, from 10.30am until 3pm on Saturday, March 19.
Martin Ockenden, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service charity representative, said: “Our car washes are always well supported and it is always brilliant to see the community support our efforts to raise cash for this cause.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
“We’ve previously cleaned everything from vans and ambulances, to bikes and minis, so we can’t wait to see what turns up at the car washes this month.”
Funds raised will be donated to The Fire Fighters Charity, which provides support, rehabilitation and care for fire service personnel across the country.