Attempted murder in Whittlesey - victim is stabbed after answering the door to three men
- Credit: Archant
A man was beaten and stabbed outside a house in Whittlesey in what police are treating as an attempted murder.
The victim, a man in his late 30s from Whittlesey, was beaten and stabbed outside a house in West End at about 10.30pm.
He answered the door to three unknown men who attacked him, leaving him with a severe stab wound to his abdomen.
Police and ambulance attended and the man was immediately taken to Peterborough City Hospital but transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a stable condition.
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “We are treating this as an isolated incident and believe someone within the local community will know who is responsible for this violent attack.
You may also want to watch:
“Three men entered the property at about 10.20pm and left about 20 minutes later after carrying out the attack.
“I am asking anyone who has information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, to contact police immediately.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Anyone with information should contact Fenland CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.