Attempted murder in Whittlesey - victim is stabbed after answering the door to three men
- Credit: Archant
A man was beaten and stabbed outside a house in Whittlesey in what police are treating as an attempted murder.
The victim, a man in his late 30s from Whittlesey, was beaten and stabbed outside a house in West End at about 10.30pm.
He answered the door to three unknown men who attacked him, leaving him with a severe stab wound to his abdomen.
Police and ambulance attended and the man was immediately taken to Peterborough City Hospital but transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a stable condition.
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “We are treating this as an isolated incident and believe someone within the local community will know who is responsible for this violent attack.
“Three men entered the property at about 10.20pm and left about 20 minutes later after carrying out the attack.
“I am asking anyone who has information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, to contact police immediately.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
Anyone with information should contact Fenland CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.