Attempted ram raid in Whittlesey: Offenders leave empty handed after failing to steal ATM machine from Drink Shack off license in Whitmore Street
- Credit: Archant
Ram raiders left empty handed after failing to steal a cash machine from an off license in Whittlesey overnight.
The ram raid on the Drink Shack off license in Whitmore Street happened between 1.45am and 2am today (Wednesday October 18).
“A silver Audi estate and a stolen Mitsubishi 4X4 were used by the offenders,” said a police spokesman.
“The latter was used to ram the shop and it’s believed a failed attempt was made to get the ATM machine.
“It appears the Audi, also suspected stolen, was then found alight in a car park in Earith.”
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests at this time and investigations into the incident are ongoing.
Firefighters from Huntingdon were called to the blaze, near the A1123, at 2.38am and used breathing apparatus and hoses to tackle the fire.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
They said the fire in the car had been started deliberately.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.