Auction and raffle raises money for the Wisbech Stroke Club
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds has been donated to a Wisbech charity thanks to an auction and raffle.
The Wisbech Conservative and Unionist Working Mens Club held held the event to raise funds for the Wisbech Stroke Club.
Paul Matless from the Conservative Club made and donated a bird table and some planters and many local businesses donated prizes.
The result was a c donation of £804,50 including £100 from the Conservative Club.
Secretary of the Stroke Club, Peter Fewster, said: “The outcome was far and beyond our expectations,” and expressed his sincere thanks on behalf of the club to every one that had contributed to the success of the event.
You may also want to watch:
He sent special thanks to Pat and Kevin Stenton, Paul and June Mattless, Sue Fisher and Ray Griffin all from the Conservative Club without whose time and effort the event would not have happened.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town