Audio: Move over X-Factor and Coldplay - Fenland pupils hit musical stage with charity Christmas CD
THE X-Factor reaches its finale soon and Coldplay’s Christmas single has hit the radio airwaves - and now pupils at a Fenland school have recorded their own festive CD.
Children and staff at Emneth Primary School have worked tirelessly on their Christmas performances - and as a result the school’s Friends Association decided to compile a CD to raise money for the school.
The CD features nine songs sung by pupils in Key Stages 1 and 2, and the whole school joined together to record the traditional carols Away In A Manger and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
It was recorded by Grange Farm Studios, also bsed in Emneth, and is set to be released next Tuesday.
Lara Gourley, from the Friends Association, said: “The staff and children have put so much effort into their Christmas performances that this was a perfect way for the children to see how much their hard work has paid off.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were very excited to see that their school hall had been turned into a mini recording studio for the morning and thanks to head engineer Isi Clarke at Grange Farm Studio the whole rehearsal and recording process took less than two hours.”
Isi said: “It was a pleasure to work with all the children and to be involved in a local community project. It was also nice for us to go out on location to record and we had loads of fun with the children.”
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
In addition to recording the songs the children were given the opportunity to design the cover of the CD and it was Grange Farm Studios’ job to pick the competition winning design.
Studio manager Lucy Ryan said: “We had more than 20 entries for the cover competition and it was so difficult to choose as they were all amazing designs - but the winner was Mathew Snowden from Class 7 who appropriately designed a singing snowman.
“Second choice was Holly Maryon and Jodie Shakespeare’s design which included Emneth church and school, followed by Claudia Edinburgh who drew a fantastic Father Christmas. A big well done to all who took part.”
The CD costs �5, with proceeds going to the Friends Association for projects such as buying new books and building a new bike shed.
They are available by contacting Grange Farm Studios on 01945 430265.