Auditions loom as entries flood in for Fenland Has Talent competition
AUDITIONS will be held for the Fenland Has Talent competition as entries continue to flood in.
Only 12 acts can appear at the glitzy final at the Braza on June 9 but about 20 entries have already been made. Singers, musicians, dancing duos and a beatboxer have already entered to showcase their talent.
But there’s still time to sign up and be crowned Fenland’s most talented act in the competition organised by the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard in association with Fenland Arts.
Katherine Knightingale, arts officer at Fenland Arts, said: “We’re absolutely delighted with the response so far - but we want more acts to sign up.
“There are so many talented people out there who haven’t and I’d love them to show their talent to people across the district.
You may also want to watch:
“It doesn’t matter what age you are – or what your talent is . We want you to show it off.
“We’re yet to have a comedian, circus act or band sign up and I know there are loads across Fenland who are fantastic.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
“It’s a great competition with great prizes so I’m urging people to sign up and not miss this chance.”
The selected acts will appear in the competition’s final in front of a panel of judges.
The winning act will receive �100 cash, a replica of the Patsy Brewin Trophy to keep, a place in a number of festivals and shows and a photo shoot with our photographer Brian Purdy.
If that isn’t enough, we will also follow the winner throughout the next 12 months as a media partner to help boost their profile.
More details will be released about audition dates in coming weeks.
To enter, complete the form on this website.