Audmoor House wedding venue to be unveiled at wedding fair on Sunday
A NEW wedding venue in Fenland will be show cased this weekend, during a wedding fair held at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel.
Audmoor House - the former register office at the front of the hotel - has been totally refurbished to create a suite of rooms for an intimate family wedding.
Jo Smith, who runs the Wedding March bridal wear shop, is the venue’s wedding planner. “There is nothing like this already in March, and the gardens are superb, we hope to be able to offer outdoor ceremonies in the future,” she said.
“Becoming a wedding planner is an extension of what I have been doing; I know how brides think and it is an exciting prospect to help brides create a perfect day.
“The ceremony room will be dressed with flowers, balloons and chair covers for the fair on Sunday, so brides can see what a special venue it is,” she added. “After the ceremony, the wedding party can go across to the Oliver Cromwell Hotel for the reception, or we could put up a marquee in the garden of Audmoor House.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests arriving for a wedding at Audmoor House can enjoy drinks and canapes in the reception room before the ceremony, and the bridal room will provide a private space for the bride to make any last minute preparations.
The ceremony room at Audmoor House can accommodate up to 30 guests; and the Oliver Cromwell Hotel can host larger weddings. Details of all packages will be available at the fair.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
The wedding fair in the Noble Room and Ballroom at the hotel, will include everything from bridal wear, menswear, photographers and florists, to cars, a toastmaster and cakes.
“We have tried to get as many local businesses as possible involved,” said Jo. “A lot of small businesses work together in the wedding industry and there will be plenty of advice available throughout the day.”
Entry to the fair, which runs from 10.30am to 3pm, is free. There is also a free prize draw, to win a one night stay in the bridal suite of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel.