Award for young Fen travel apprentice
- Credit: Steve Dunlop
TRAVEL apprentice Jo Horspole has scooped a top national award.
The 17-year-old from Wisbech has become the second successive Anglia Co-operative Travel employee to land the prestigious Institute of Travel and Tourism apprentice of the year award.
Jo, who works at the Anglia Co-operative Travel branch in the Beales department store in Church Terrace, Wisbech, rubbed shoulders with the elite of the travel world when she received the award from Dame Tessa Jowell MP.
The presentation was made at ITT chairman, Dr Steven Freudmann’s, summer cocktail party at the House of Commons.
Anglia Co-operative group specialist retail manager, Paul Dale, said: “Jo was up against apprentices from all over the country and for Anglia Co-operative to win it two years on the trot is a great achievement. We’re so proud of Jo.”
You may also want to watch:
Jo, who joined the travel branch last August, said: “It was an amazing experience receiving the award at the House of Commons and meeting Dame Tessa Jowell.
“I really enjoy my job. It would be nice one day to manage my own branch but, at the moment, I’m enjoying learning all about the business.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Jo has successfully completed a level two NVQ in travel services and is about to embark on a level three qualification. She has been supported in her training by Training For Travel.
Training For Travel business manager Anne-Marie Sharples said: “We backed Jo all the way for the award because she received such a good report from her assessor. She’s a really nice girl and is really keen to continue her development in travel. We’re so pleased for her.”