Award winning careers guidance at Cromwell Community College in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College has been given national recognition for supporting students with high quality careers information.
The Quality in Careers Standard is a national award that recognises excellence in student provision to make sure young people are well equipped for their future career journey.
Jill Clarke has managed the process at Cromwell’s secondary setting by ensuring the school has covered 80 standards needed to gain the award.
The recognition shows that Cromwell have a strong commitment to careers, education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) and that they meet Government and Ofsted standards.
A spokesman said: “We are providing a sound base from which students can develop, move on and attain the best life chances they can.
You may also want to watch:
“Good quality CEIAG ensures that social mobility is attainable for every young person who has been given knowledge, information, skills and guidance that only an excellent CEIAG programme can provide.”
The CIAG scheme was set up to ensure students have opportunities to engage in career-related learning, while gaining transferable life-long skills in applied knowledge, critical thinking and communication are fundamental for young people to make the successful transition from education.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges