Awards presented to March Camera Club members at their annual presentation evening
MEMBERS of March Camera Club collected an array of trophies at their annual barbecue and awards evening.
Club chairman Allan Howe handed over the silverware, and thanked everyone who had made the last year such a successful time for the club.
The top award, of Photographer of the Year, went to Mel Harris. He received the Eddie Venni Trophy for collecting the most points from a series of competitions throughout the year.
Mel also won the Ken Portwood Trophy for a creative competition, the Image Panel Shield, the Mac Cotterell Trophy for the best print in an exhibition, and the award for the monthly image competition.
Cliff Marsh was presented with the Ivan James Shield for a monochrome print competition, and the Print Panel Shield. Chris Ley won the Owen Driver Shield for the best image in an exhibition,, and Pat Ringham was awarded the Joe Fuller Tophy for winning the portrait competition. The Roy Tomkins Trophy for the natural history competition was won by Richard Hull, who also won the monthly print competition award.
You may also want to watch:
Joint winners of the set subject image competition were Pat Ringham, Albert Horton and Eric Stromberg; and winners of the set subject print were Mike North, Richard Hull and Mel Harris.
Print exhibition section winners were Roger Newark, Mel Harris and Richard Hull; and the image section winners were Chris Ley, Pat Ringham and Mel Harris.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
The club will be staging an exhibition in March Library on Saturday September 1, from 10am to 3.30pm, with around 100 prints on show, along with a digital slide show.
A new year for the club begins on Thursday September 6, meeting at the British Red Cross Hall in Robingoodfellows Lane, March, at 7.30pm. For more information, contact Allan Howe, 01354 651124.