Axe-wielding burglars caught on CCTV during Chatteris supermarket raid
SHOCKING CCTV images of a burglary in Chatteris, where men wielding an axe and a sledge hammer stole �11,000 worth of cigarettes, have been released by police.
The offenders smashed their way into the Co-op supermarket in Bridge Street, just after 3am on Friday, September 3.
They forced open a cabinet and filled two black dustbins with cigarettes.
The offenders carried an axe with a bright orange handle and a large sledge hammer.
The supermarket had previously been targeted on August 26 when cigarettes worth �8,000 were taken.
You may also want to watch:
DC Mark Oakes, investigating said: “I would appeal to anyone who recognises the men in these images to contact police.
“This appears to have been a planned break-in and the offenders covered their faces to avoid detection. However, they are wearing distinctive clothing and people may still recognise them.”
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
Anyone with any information should call DC Oakes on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.