Axiom staff and residents team up to ‘cycle’ 383 miles from Wisbech to Land’s End for Children in Need
STAFF, residents and visitors at a Wisbech Foyer embarked on one huge cycle challenge in aid of this year’s Children in Need.
The team from Axiom Housing Association’s Wisbech Foyer completed a 383-mile cycle challenge - the distance from Wisbech to Lands’ End - without leaving the building.
One exercise bike, one milometer and one log book has made this challenge possible for the dedicated team who started the journey on November 11.
Fund-raisers completed the journey on Friday before heading off to West Road Concert Hall in Cambridge, where they were invited by the BBC to participate in the live TV event.
Derek Hart, Axiom’s Wisbech Foyer’s project worker, said: “This has been a great team effort with people taking it in turns to help clock up the mileage.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks must go to everyone who has got involved and is helping us to complete this challenge and to those who have already donated.
“We are all having so much fun while raising vital funds for a very worthy cause.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
Axiom’s Wisbech Foyer provides accommodation for young people aged 16-25.
To donate, e-mail Derek.email@example.com