Couple whose catering business ‘hit a standstill’ because of covid-19 plan to open restaurant in Fen town
- Credit: Archant
A March couple who have been running their own catering business for two-and-a-half years will defy the pandemic to open a restaurant in the town.
Despite their wedding and events company B&R Dining “coming to a standstill” due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, Denise and Peter Mcaleese plan to open the doors to their own restaurant - which is located at 210 Station Road - in September.
Denise Hayes, who runs B&R Dining with her partner Peter, said: “When COVID-19 happened, our wedding and events business came to a standstill.
“We have always wanted a restaurant and when the opportunity of taking over this beautiful building came up we made the decision to take over this building and restore it to its former glory - even though we were in the middle of a pandemic.
“We are very proud of this first phase of refurbishment. The second phase includes landscaping the rear garden to allow for a beer and barbecue garden where in the summer months, we hope families will come and enjoy the outdoor space.”
You may also want to watch:
B&R’s executive chef, Thomas, is a former finalist in the North Norfolk Chef of the Year competition and comes from a AA rosette background.
To book in advance call 01354 810110 or email email@example.com
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'