Couple whose catering business ‘hit a standstill’ because of covid-19 plan to open restaurant in Fen town
- Credit: Archant
A March couple who have been running their own catering business for two-and-a-half years will defy the pandemic to open a restaurant in the town.
Despite their wedding and events company B&R Dining “coming to a standstill” due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, Denise and Peter Mcaleese plan to open the doors to their own restaurant - which is located at 210 Station Road - in September.
Denise Hayes, who runs B&R Dining with her partner Peter, said: “When COVID-19 happened, our wedding and events business came to a standstill.
“We have always wanted a restaurant and when the opportunity of taking over this beautiful building came up we made the decision to take over this building and restore it to its former glory - even though we were in the middle of a pandemic.
“We are very proud of this first phase of refurbishment. The second phase includes landscaping the rear garden to allow for a beer and barbecue garden where in the summer months, we hope families will come and enjoy the outdoor space.”
You may also want to watch:
B&R’s executive chef, Thomas, is a former finalist in the North Norfolk Chef of the Year competition and comes from a AA rosette background.
To book in advance call 01354 810110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend