Baby shop scoops top honours in St George’s window competition
JUDGES raved about the display by Babee Boutique for the St George’s Day window competition and unanimously acclaimed it the winner of the Cambs Times/March Chamber of Commerce Cup.
“I gathered a small panel of judges and we toured all 15 businesses during the St George’s fayre,” said Cambs Times editor John Elworthy.
“Comments on the Babee Boutique window in High Street were very positive, although many other windows in town gave it a healthy run for their money.”
Mr Elworthy said the judges felt the baby shop window “allowed the imagination to run riot and one could sense the story of St George and the Dragon unfolding through the display.”
Nigel Coley, president of the March chamber, handed the trophy to the Babee Boutique manager Amy Brown accompanied by Cambs Times content editor Tom Jackson.
You may also want to watch:
The shop keeps the trophy for a year but a smaller, commemorative version is on its way for them to keep permanently.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told