Backing for farm manager’s home bid
SPECIALIST agents have been called in to support one of Fenland s largest farming families in their bid to build a farm manager s home. The four-bedroom home is needed, claims RMC Sears, for a manager to run Lynford House Farm near Manea, a family-owned h
SPECIALIST agents have been called in to support one of Fenland's largest farming families in their bid to build a farm manager's home.
The four-bedroom home is needed, claims RMC Sears, for a manager to run Lynford House Farm near Manea, a family-owned holding with 1,400 acres.
Additionally, say the agents, the farm has a partnership arrangement with a neighbouring farm to share machinery and farm labour over a combined area of 2,800 acres.
Brown and Co has prepared areport for next Wednesday's meeting of Fenland District Council's planning committee which will consider the application.
You may also want to watch:
However, planning officers say that while they support the application in principle, the proposed siting of the home is too remote from the main farmyard.
Sears wants the house to be built south of Fodder Fen Road, Manea.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told