Badger statue and paving slab used to smash Fenland shop window and steal cigarettes
THIEVES used a paving slab and a statue to smash into a Fenland supermarket and steal a large quantity of cigarettes.
The burglary happened at Co-op in Bridge Street, Chatteris, at about 11.15pm on Monday.
Two offenders drove up in a vehicle before smashing a window using a heavy statue of badgers and a slab. They then forced open a kiosk and made off with the cigarettes.
Both intruders were wearing gloves, one a balaclava and the other a hat and scarf.
Police are appealing for information about the burglary and have released the image of the statue that was used to smash the window.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Andrew Harcup-Rudd said: “I am appealing for anyone with information about this raid to get in touch.
“I would also ask anyone who thinks they recognise the statue, which is of three badgers, to contact police.”
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
CONTACT: Pc Harcup-Rudd, from the Chatteris and Manea neighbourhood policing team, on 0345 456 4564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.