Badger statue and paving slab used to smash Fenland shop window and steal cigarettes
THIEVES used a paving slab and a statue to smash into a Fenland supermarket and steal a large quantity of cigarettes.
The burglary happened at Co-op in Bridge Street, Chatteris, at about 11.15pm on Monday.
Two offenders drove up in a vehicle before smashing a window using a heavy statue of badgers and a slab. They then forced open a kiosk and made off with the cigarettes.
Both intruders were wearing gloves, one a balaclava and the other a hat and scarf.
Police are appealing for information about the burglary and have released the image of the statue that was used to smash the window.
Pc Andrew Harcup-Rudd said: “I am appealing for anyone with information about this raid to get in touch.
“I would also ask anyone who thinks they recognise the statue, which is of three badgers, to contact police.”
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'
CONTACT: Pc Harcup-Rudd, from the Chatteris and Manea neighbourhood policing team, on 0345 456 4564, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.