Balaclava gang of three - one with crow bar- threaten man in his 30s at Fenland home before escaping with £400 cash: they smashed the victim’s phone too
- Credit: Archant
A man struggled to defend himself after three masked intruders – one wielding a crow bar- broke into his home on Friday night.
The victim, in his 30s, was at home in Whittlesey Road, March, when the raid happened.
A police spokesman said: “The victim managed to push away the offender who was attempting to hit him with the crow bar while the two friends ran out of the property.
“The offenders made off with about £400 cash and smashed the victim’s phone. They are all described as white and one was wearing a camouflage jacket.”
The robbery happened between 8.30pm and 8.45pm and the offenders made off with around £400 – they smashed the victim’s phone before leaving. All three attackers wore balaclavas.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area at the time and saw anything suspicious is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off