Balloon guessing competition raises £122 for March carnival committee
- Credit: Archant
Two estate agents and a dog named Lottie raised £122 by blowing up 288 balloons at March Summer Festival.
The Ellis Winters & Co team got into the carnival spirit at the event, held earlier this month in West End Park, to raise funds for the carnival committee.
Mike Ellis, director of Ellis Winters & Co, said: “Three of us – including my dog Lottie – spent the morning blowing up the balloons and packing them into two of our company cars.
“We then invited festival goers to guess the number of balloons to be in with a chance of winning £100 for the closest answer.
“We received guesses ranging from 22 to 999!
You may also want to watch:
“Christine Sandford, who pinched £1 from her husband to have a go, was the lucky winner and our stall raised £122 which we will give to the carnival committee to help with future events in the town.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire