Balloon race money raises the spirits of Whittlesey Disabled Club
A WHITTLESEY club has benefited from the proceeds of a balloon race held as part of the town’s festival in September.
The balloon race was organised by H E Bull & Son Funeral Services and raised �160.
Branch manager Mark Green presented a cheque to members and officers of Whittlesey Disabled Club at its meeting in the St John Ambulance Hall.
Also at the presentation were funeral director Brian Glazebrook and assistant funeral administrator and arranger, Sandra Lawton.
Club treasurer Sylvia Brown said: “I can’t thank them enough for the money. We try to provide little treats for our members and this donation will really help.”
You may also want to watch:
The club for those with physical disabilities, meets fortnightly between 2 and 4pm on Mondays and has 32 members. With the help of donations they are able to enjoy outings, lunches with entertainment and visits to shows.
Winner of the balloon race was Victoria Blake of Whittlesey whose balloon reached Cheveley near Newmarket. She won a TV.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
Second prize of a limousine hire was won by Pauline Morgan of Stanground and third prize of a champagne hamper by Adam Green of Whittlesey.
For more information about the club contact Mrs Brown Tel 01733 752933.