Balloon race money raises the spirits of Whittlesey Disabled Club
A WHITTLESEY club has benefited from the proceeds of a balloon race held as part of the town’s festival in September.
The balloon race was organised by H E Bull & Son Funeral Services and raised �160.
Branch manager Mark Green presented a cheque to members and officers of Whittlesey Disabled Club at its meeting in the St John Ambulance Hall.
Also at the presentation were funeral director Brian Glazebrook and assistant funeral administrator and arranger, Sandra Lawton.
Club treasurer Sylvia Brown said: “I can’t thank them enough for the money. We try to provide little treats for our members and this donation will really help.”
You may also want to watch:
The club for those with physical disabilities, meets fortnightly between 2 and 4pm on Mondays and has 32 members. With the help of donations they are able to enjoy outings, lunches with entertainment and visits to shows.
Winner of the balloon race was Victoria Blake of Whittlesey whose balloon reached Cheveley near Newmarket. She won a TV.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 6 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
Second prize of a limousine hire was won by Pauline Morgan of Stanground and third prize of a champagne hamper by Adam Green of Whittlesey.
For more information about the club contact Mrs Brown Tel 01733 752933.