Band comes together for charity concert at March college
HEREWARD Concert Band is holding a special event on Saturday to raise money for two charities.
The band has come together especially for the event at Neale-Wade Community College in March in aid of Help for Heroes and the Paul Caller Appeal.
Mr Caller was head of music at the college and after his death a fund was set up in his memory to pay for music tuition for three students each year.
Hereward Concert Band will feature local professional musicians, past and present students and friends.
The varied programme will feature such favourites as 633 Squadron, The Dam Busters march and numbers from Pirates of the Caribbean, West Side Story and from the Beatles.
The concert starts at 7.30pm in the main hall of the college. Tickets are available on the door and cost �7.50 adults and �5 for students and under 16s.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward