Band comes together for charity concert at March college
HEREWARD Concert Band is holding a special event on Saturday to raise money for two charities.
The band has come together especially for the event at Neale-Wade Community College in March in aid of Help for Heroes and the Paul Caller Appeal.
Mr Caller was head of music at the college and after his death a fund was set up in his memory to pay for music tuition for three students each year.
Hereward Concert Band will feature local professional musicians, past and present students and friends.
The varied programme will feature such favourites as 633 Squadron, The Dam Busters march and numbers from Pirates of the Caribbean, West Side Story and from the Beatles.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm in the main hall of the college. Tickets are available on the door and cost �7.50 adults and �5 for students and under 16s.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'