Band comes together for charity concert at March college
HEREWARD Concert Band is holding a special event on Saturday to raise money for two charities.
The band has come together especially for the event at Neale-Wade Community College in March in aid of Help for Heroes and the Paul Caller Appeal.
Mr Caller was head of music at the college and after his death a fund was set up in his memory to pay for music tuition for three students each year.
Hereward Concert Band will feature local professional musicians, past and present students and friends.
The varied programme will feature such favourites as 633 Squadron, The Dam Busters march and numbers from Pirates of the Caribbean, West Side Story and from the Beatles.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm in the main hall of the college. Tickets are available on the door and cost �7.50 adults and �5 for students and under 16s.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like