Bangers and cash for enterprising Wisbech Grammar School pupils
- Credit: Archant
TWO enterprising students at Wisbech Grammar School have made a sizzling start to a bid to fund a trip-of-a-lifetime to Ecuador and the Galapagos.
Business partners William Sloan, 15, from Newton, and Ben Trundley, 14, who lives in Tilney All Saints, have set up the Sausage Shack to sell packs of the Wisbech Grammar School sausages, as well as running fund raising barbecues.
The tasty treat was developed from a recipe cooked up by pupils at the school and developed with West Walton butcher C.H. Cook in 2009.
Both boys are taking part in the school’s ground breaking expedition in the summer of 2014 and they are each hoping to defray part of the £4,000 cost by running their new venture.
During the expedition they will spend part of the three-week trip working and living with the indigenous population in the Amazonian jungle, where they will be involved with the Yanapuma Napo project to promote sustainable community development.
You may also want to watch:
They will also spend six days in the Galapagos, following in the footsteps of Charles Darwin and studying the breath-taking species which inhabit the islands.
William and Ben have registered the Sausage Shack as a food business and have passed a food hygiene examination, and they have already sold several hundred Shack packs to discerning diners.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The first Sausage Shack Summer BBQ Bonanza is on Saturday June 22 at 7pm, at Elgood’s Brewery in Wisbech, when sausages will be served up with a range of salads and a raft of puddings to the accompaniment of the Wisbech Grammar School swing band.
William said: “Our sausages are popular and we wanted to run a social event where people could enjoy them cooked as part of a meal. Elgood’s have kindly let us use their gardens.”
Barbecue tickets cost £5, and need to be booked in advance by emailing email@example.com.