Barclay and Belinda head for the Commons but when the MP and MD got there the cupboard was bare
ELGOOD’s award winning beer ‘Golden Newt’ is the drink of choice for MPs as it was sold out on first day on sale at the Strangers’ Bar in the Houses of Parliament.
North East Cambs MP Stephen Barclay celebrated the launch of the Wisbech based beer as a guest ale into the House of Commons bar and invited Elgood’s Brewery Managing Director Belinda Sutton, Director Claire Simpson and National Accounts Manager Paul Marshall for a drink of their beer yesterday at Westminster.
CAMRA Head of Policy and Public Affairs Jonathon Mail, and Peterborough CAMRA members were also invited but when they got to the bar, ‘Golden Newt’ had sold out.
Karl Simpson, press officer for Peterborough and District CAMRA, also joined the celebrations and said he hoped that by talking with Mr Barclay they could get his views on the role of pubs in the community and their thoughts on the local scene.
Kate Pateman of Elgoods said: “Mr Barclay had of course hoped to try the beer at this new outlet. Unfortunately, or perhaps inevitably given the quality of the bre, when they arrived it had sold out.”
You may also want to watch:
Shge added: “ Mr Marshall will be organising an emergency delivery as soon as possible.”
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 6 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel