Barclay and Belinda head for the Commons but when the MP and MD got there the cupboard was bare
ELGOOD’s award winning beer ‘Golden Newt’ is the drink of choice for MPs as it was sold out on first day on sale at the Strangers’ Bar in the Houses of Parliament.
North East Cambs MP Stephen Barclay celebrated the launch of the Wisbech based beer as a guest ale into the House of Commons bar and invited Elgood’s Brewery Managing Director Belinda Sutton, Director Claire Simpson and National Accounts Manager Paul Marshall for a drink of their beer yesterday at Westminster.
CAMRA Head of Policy and Public Affairs Jonathon Mail, and Peterborough CAMRA members were also invited but when they got to the bar, ‘Golden Newt’ had sold out.
Karl Simpson, press officer for Peterborough and District CAMRA, also joined the celebrations and said he hoped that by talking with Mr Barclay they could get his views on the role of pubs in the community and their thoughts on the local scene.
Kate Pateman of Elgoods said: “Mr Barclay had of course hoped to try the beer at this new outlet. Unfortunately, or perhaps inevitably given the quality of the bre, when they arrived it had sold out.”
You may also want to watch:
Shge added: “ Mr Marshall will be organising an emergency delivery as soon as possible.”
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault