Barista vows to bring speciality coffee to Fenland with his new business
- Credit: Archant
A coffee enthusiast has started his own business which he says will bring high calibre, speciality coffee to Fenland.
Trained barista Bruce Garside opened Silver Oak Coffee, an artisan coffee micro roastery, in Thorney last month.
They roast carefully selected coffee beans from around the world to ensure everyone receives the freshest coffee possible.
Silver Oak Coffee trade only with specialist green bean buyers who deal directly with the small coffee farmers, guaranteeing higher payments in return for higher quality and safer working practices.
Mr Garside, a member of the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE), said: “Speciality coffee brewed it to its optimum is a very different beverage to what we have been fooled into thinking is good coffee in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“My coffees are a little more expensive but they are high quality and also sustainable, existing symbiotically within an ecosystem rather than dominating it.
“These factors are of utmost importance to us here at Silver Oak Coffee. Together with our green bean suppliers we are sourcing some of the finest and most ethically grown coffee beans available to the market.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March
“Try us. If you like coffee, you will love Silver Oak Coffee.”
Silver Oak Coffee welcome visitors to the roastery by appointment and sells coffee online at http://www.silveroakcoffee.co.uk