Barnardo’s opens new shop in March.
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers queued round the block to find a bargain at the new Barnardo’s community store which opened in March.
The new store at The Causeway will be selling a treasure trove of new goods and high quality ladies and men’s fashion, kid’s clothes and toys, as well as selected new goods.
Barnardo’s area business manager, Samantha Dean, said: “We are delighted to be opening a new shop in March. We want to encourage local people to pick up a great quality bargain with us whilst also helping Barnardo’s to give disadvantaged children a better future.”
The store is also putting out a plea for a flow of good quality donations.
Samantha added: “We will always be looking to find new stock for the shop, so please don’t throw out any good quality children’s clothes or toys and games. We can sell them which will allow us to fund the work we do with vulnerable and disadvantaged children, as well as being good for the environment.” The store also has opportunities for volunteers to work in its stock room and on the shop floor.
You may also want to watch:
“Volunteering can often help as a route into work and will have the opportunity to build up NVQ’s qualifications which can help secure jobs,” she said.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle