Barney is a loving old cat with a cauliflower ear and no tail who needs a new home for 2018
- Credit: Archant
A cat with a cauliflower ear and no tail is looking for his forever home.
Barney has been through a rough time and has been with the RSPCA for more than six months but people keep passing him by.
He is still a beautiful boy, say the RSPCA, who are trying to find him a family for 2018.
Val Fountain, publicity officer, said: “Despite everything poor Barney has been through he has come through it all really well and is now ready to go to a new home.
“Sadly though he has struggled with life in the cattery and is in desperate need of being able to settle in a new home of his own.
“He is a very loving cat. He would be best suited to being the only pet in his new home, and he would like someone to be around a good part of the day.
“He could live with older children of secondary school age. Once he has settled well in his new home he will like to have access to a garden.”
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
Eight-year-old Barney came in to the care of the RSPCA Cambridgeshire Mid East Branch in June and was in a very sorry state.
He has a damaged ‘cauliflower’ ear possibly as a result of fighting or being attacked, and then sadly he bit the end of his own tail and had to have it amputated.
But with plenty of TLC and veterinary treatment he has healed well and is now looking for his ‘paw-fect’ home.
She added: “Barney is a very deserving cat. He is a really beautiful big boy even with his squashed ear and no tail.
“He needs new owners who will have a lot of time for him because he’s had a rough time in life. We will be delighted to see this boy go to the new loving home he needs.”
• Call the RSPCA Cambridgeshire Mid East Branch 01487 824501.