March woman aims to help provide opportunities for Fen residents with new salon
- Credit: Archant
A March woman has opened a beauty training academy in the town to provide opportunities for people who want to work in the industry.
Gemma Walker alongside mayor Cllr Rob Skoulding, family members and friends attended the launch of Beauty Haven on High Street this month.
Gemma, who runs the salon, said: "I have always wanted a salon of my own and we found out through one of my friends that the building was available."
It took two weeks to prepare for the launch, and Gemma is also running a training academy for those wanting to work in beauty.
Gemma added: "Our treatments can help cancer sufferers with hair loss and rebuilding eyebrows.
"I want to help people better themselves or someone that wants to try a different career."
For more information, contact Gemma on 07494917884 or visit the salon on 64 High Street, March, PE15 9LD.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim