Become a lifesaver by signing up as a March community first responder
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been made for people who live or work in March to join the ambulance service as community first responders.
Responders are taught basic lifesaving skills which can make the difference in a life or death situation before an ambulance arrives.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust is putting on a March Community First Responder evening on December 3 at
Community first responders (CFRs) take it in turn to be on call and carry basic first aid equipment and an automated external defibrillator (AED).
You may also want to watch:
The emergency operations centre sends the responder to the scene of life threatening 999 calls.
Martin Peacock, March coordinator, said: “It’s an incredibly rewarding experience and something which demonstrates great community spirit.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
“The more members I can recruit, the more cover I will be able to provide.
“People can be on call for as little or as much time as they’re able; what’s important is that they want to contribute something worthwhile to March and its community, and also save a life.”
No experience is needed before you sign up. If you are unable to attend the volunteer evening, which runs from 7-9pm and is open to people from the surrounding villages, and are interested in joining contact Martin Peacock by e-mail at email@example.com
Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application form.