Become a lifesaver by signing up as a March community first responder
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been made for people who live or work in March to join the ambulance service as community first responders.
Responders are taught basic lifesaving skills which can make the difference in a life or death situation before an ambulance arrives.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust is putting on a March Community First Responder evening on December 3 at
Community first responders (CFRs) take it in turn to be on call and carry basic first aid equipment and an automated external defibrillator (AED).
You may also want to watch:
The emergency operations centre sends the responder to the scene of life threatening 999 calls.
Martin Peacock, March coordinator, said: “It’s an incredibly rewarding experience and something which demonstrates great community spirit.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“The more members I can recruit, the more cover I will be able to provide.
“People can be on call for as little or as much time as they’re able; what’s important is that they want to contribute something worthwhile to March and its community, and also save a life.”
No experience is needed before you sign up. If you are unable to attend the volunteer evening, which runs from 7-9pm and is open to people from the surrounding villages, and are interested in joining contact Martin Peacock by e-mail at email@example.com
Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application form.