Beer tent not necessary at March summer festival
Why does Nigel Marsh find it necessary to muscle in on March Summer Festival and thinks it should have a beer tent.
As stated by Mr Lemmon, the festival has been running successfully for years without one and I agree.
Mr Marsh quoted “live music and real ale are a great combination and create a huge attraction for people miles around. It also helps to promote the hospitality industry in which local publican’s existence has been in jeopardy.”
Well Mr Marsh, I don’t think the March Summer Festival is supposed to be a money-making event for the local pub trade or to attract people from miles around. I have always understood it to be a family weekend for the people of March.
The entertainment is free and varied for people for all ages. For lots of families who cannot afford a day out this is an exceptional weekend as weather permitting they can sit in the park and have a picnic, even taking their own drinks as the licensing regulations are relaxed for the event.
You may also want to watch:
If there is anyone at the festival who is that desperate for real ale then they should not be at the festival and go to the pub.
Mr Marsh must have known what the pub trade was like when he ventured into it and if he is not making enough money he should pack up and not use March Summer Festival to promote his pub.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 5 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 School ‘overwhelmed’ by response to harvest collection
The day it is decided that a beer tent is needed at the festival then they should pack it in.