Behind bars - three burglars who targeted homes in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Two men and a boy have been sentenced for their parts in a series of burglaries in Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
Isaac Crouch (18) and the 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, broke into a home in Helpston Road, Ailsworth, by smashing a patio door to get into a conservatory.
Once inside they used a plant pot to smash an internal door but made off with nothing after a member of the public saw what was happening and rang the doorbell.
The third man, Kristopher White (29) of Skaters Way, Peterborough, was stopped by officers driving away from the village and arrested.
DC Adam Blake said: “These three were arrested in connection with an increase in burglaries in Werrington and villages near Peterborough at the turn of the year.
You may also want to watch:
“All burglaries have a substantial impact on victims and people’s homes will be more secure with them in custody.”
Police were called and the pair were arrested by burglary squad detectives after the incident on February 2.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
All three were charged with conspiracy to burgle while the 17-year-old was also charged with a burglary in Stilton on the same day. Again, entry had been gained through a smashed patio door and bags of money and jewellery had been stolen.
The trio pleaded guilty to all the charges. Crouch was also charged with a burglary in Crowland, Lincolnshire, on January 30, and asked for a further two burglaries in Lincolnshire to be taken into consideration and the teenager asked for a further 11 burglaries to be taken into consideration.
On Thursday (June 25) at Peterborough Crown Court, Crouch, of Riseholm, Orton Goldhay, Peterborough, was sentenced to five years in custody, White, was sentenced to 16 months in custody and the 17 year old was given a 32-month young offenders institute sentence.