Being a baby Robin is hungry work! March man captures it on film
- Credit: Archant
A parent’s work is never done and no more so than for this robin who is caught in action busy feeding its young in a garden in March.
Keen bird watcher Tony Wayman captured this moment as the male feeds its young - with a food pellet from Thing Me Bobs in the town’s Broad Street.
Tony, of Waveney Drive, said: “It’s often hard to tell but I’m fairly sure this is the dad feeding its offspring.
“I have a special camouflage portable hide in the garden so can watch the bird life come and go, it’s incredible how many different species there are that visit us.
“We have seen 26 different species including grey wagtails, long tail tits and a siskin.”
You may also want to watch:
This robin is seen on an apple tree in his garden as seen from his hide and was captured with a still image from a movie shot on an ultra high definition Panasonic GH5.
“I was about 10 feet away,” Tony said.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines