Whittlesey fundraiser gears up for his second London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey man is gearing up to take on his second consecutive London Marathon this year.
Ben Harding, who is a member of Thorney Running Club, will run the marathon for The Stroke Association.
The 20-year-old decided to take on the challenge as his granddad, Badger Wilson, has had a number of life-changing strokes since 2011 and is now in the full care of Ben’s nan.
He is well known in Fenland, having been involved in the local running community since 2007 when he was just eight-years-old.
Last year, Ben raised almost £5,000 by completing the marathon for the charity Sue Ryder Care.
You may also want to watch:
He organised a coffee morning at the Childers Social Club in Whittlesey where he sold homemade cakes, refreshments and held a raffle to reach his goal.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital