WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29. I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week.
WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29.
I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week. This is the pension credit part which is a bit complicated but tops up the pension. We have also been notified that the help we had with mortgage interest payments has being cut. We are angry and upset because �10 per week will make a difference to us but we fear it won’t stop there.
We are not benefit scroungers or cheats, we didn’t cause the deficit. We’ve paid our taxes and national insurance over the years. Those responsible for these cuts should be ashamed for picking on the most vulnerable in our society.
Mrs Arnold is disabled and can hardly walk. They will be looking at the DLA next we fear.
MR R HARVEY AND MS B ARNOLD
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim