WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29. I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week.
WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29.
I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week. This is the pension credit part which is a bit complicated but tops up the pension. We have also been notified that the help we had with mortgage interest payments has being cut. We are angry and upset because �10 per week will make a difference to us but we fear it won’t stop there.
We are not benefit scroungers or cheats, we didn’t cause the deficit. We’ve paid our taxes and national insurance over the years. Those responsible for these cuts should be ashamed for picking on the most vulnerable in our society.
Mrs Arnold is disabled and can hardly walk. They will be looking at the DLA next we fear.
You may also want to watch:
MR R HARVEY AND MS B ARNOLD
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 7 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash