WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29. I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week.
WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29.
I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week. This is the pension credit part which is a bit complicated but tops up the pension. We have also been notified that the help we had with mortgage interest payments has being cut. We are angry and upset because �10 per week will make a difference to us but we fear it won’t stop there.
We are not benefit scroungers or cheats, we didn’t cause the deficit. We’ve paid our taxes and national insurance over the years. Those responsible for these cuts should be ashamed for picking on the most vulnerable in our society.
Mrs Arnold is disabled and can hardly walk. They will be looking at the DLA next we fear.
You may also want to watch:
MR R HARVEY AND MS B ARNOLD
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre