WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29. I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week.
WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29.
I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week. This is the pension credit part which is a bit complicated but tops up the pension. We have also been notified that the help we had with mortgage interest payments has being cut. We are angry and upset because �10 per week will make a difference to us but we fear it won’t stop there.
We are not benefit scroungers or cheats, we didn’t cause the deficit. We’ve paid our taxes and national insurance over the years. Those responsible for these cuts should be ashamed for picking on the most vulnerable in our society.
Mrs Arnold is disabled and can hardly walk. They will be looking at the DLA next we fear.
You may also want to watch:
MR R HARVEY AND MS B ARNOLD
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart