WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29. I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week.
WE refer to your articles concerning benefit cuts - Cambs Times October 29.
I can tell you we have just been notified that our state pension has been cut by �10 per week. This is the pension credit part which is a bit complicated but tops up the pension. We have also been notified that the help we had with mortgage interest payments has being cut. We are angry and upset because �10 per week will make a difference to us but we fear it won’t stop there.
We are not benefit scroungers or cheats, we didn’t cause the deficit. We’ve paid our taxes and national insurance over the years. Those responsible for these cuts should be ashamed for picking on the most vulnerable in our society.
Mrs Arnold is disabled and can hardly walk. They will be looking at the DLA next we fear.
MR R HARVEY AND MS B ARNOLD
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Man charged following Peterborough murder