Two men break in to Spar in High Street, Benwick
- Credit: Archant
Two men broke in to the Spar shop in Benwick, overnight, leaving those who live above “very frightened”.
Officers were called to 35 High Street at 1.54am in response to a report of burglary.
A police spokesman said: “Two males forced their way in to the shop. It is not known what was taken from the shop.”
One of the people who lives above the shop said on Facebook: “We’re all okay, thank you, just really shocked at the time as we moved away from that sort of behaviour to give our daughter a better life. It’s something we never expected to happen here.”
One person said on social media: “That is shocking. So sad for the family. They are so nice and have fitted into our village well and we as a village must support them through this dreadful time.”
Officers attended and anyone with information should report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend