Christmas lights committee thanks volunteers for brightening up village despite pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The committee that runs a Fenland village’s annual Christmas lights display has thanked all the volunteers who made it possible despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Benwick Christmas Lights Committee thanked those who voluntarily assisted with transporting the tree safely and getting the lights up for the third year running.
Lois Hopkins, committee member, said: “Thanks to our electrician at EG Electrical Services of Doddington who had installed the outside sockets, tested the lights to ensure they are all safe and delivered the tree for us.
“We had come up with a solution to repurpose the old lights with modern coloured lenses, meaning we could extend the display even further this year with the new improved lights.”
She also thanked the Lane family from March who donated the tree this year as well as the Doddington Christmas Lights Committee for donating their old lights there years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Also thanked were Bakehouse Cakes, for donating a cake for the winner of the committee’s best decorated house competition that will be judged the weekend before Christmas.
Finally, she thanked J.E Cade & Son Ltd for Andrew’s expertise on the JCB boom lift, The Five Alls, Spar, Boons all the residents of Benwick “for allowing us to put lights on and around their properties again this year.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“Thank you for all of your support this year.