Christmas lights committee thanks volunteers for brightening up village despite pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The committee that runs a Fenland village’s annual Christmas lights display has thanked all the volunteers who made it possible despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Benwick Christmas Lights Committee thanked those who voluntarily assisted with transporting the tree safely and getting the lights up for the third year running.
Lois Hopkins, committee member, said: “Thanks to our electrician at EG Electrical Services of Doddington who had installed the outside sockets, tested the lights to ensure they are all safe and delivered the tree for us.
“We had come up with a solution to repurpose the old lights with modern coloured lenses, meaning we could extend the display even further this year with the new improved lights.”
She also thanked the Lane family from March who donated the tree this year as well as the Doddington Christmas Lights Committee for donating their old lights there years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Also thanked were Bakehouse Cakes, for donating a cake for the winner of the committee’s best decorated house competition that will be judged the weekend before Christmas.
Finally, she thanked J.E Cade & Son Ltd for Andrew’s expertise on the JCB boom lift, The Five Alls, Spar, Boons all the residents of Benwick “for allowing us to put lights on and around their properties again this year.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 7 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
“Thank you for all of your support this year.