Benwick mum Michelle, co-founder of charity Little Miracles, wins award
- Credit: onEdition
The co-founder of Little Miracles, a charity which supports hundreds of families with disabled children across Fenland and Peterborough, has received an award.
Benwick mum Michelle King’s son Oliver was born severely disabled and on returning home following 15 months in hospital, they struggled to the support they needed.
So, in 2010, she co-founded Little Miracles. They run special trips for youngsters, taking them to a host of different attractions including the seaside and the zoo.
Her sterling efforts have seen her recognised with a Halifax Giving Extra Award, which celebrates people who go the extra mile to give something back to the community.
Mrs King said: “There are so many amazing people that I did not think I stood a chance although it was lovely to have been nominated and to know that I am making a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you so much for choosing me. I am delighted to have won this award and to get the details of Little Miracles passed on to more families.”
Maria Hills, community ambassador for Halifax bank, said: “Halifax received thousands of nominations nationwide, so we’re delighted that Michelle has won a Halifax Giving Extra Award.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“The work she has done for the community is outstanding and truly deserves the recognition.”
To find out more about the charity, go to www.littlemiraclescharity.org.uk