Man dies 11 days after collision in which his car swerved and ended up in a ditch
- Credit: Archant
A man has died 11 days after a collision in Doddington in which his car swerved and ended up in a ditch.
At around 11.54am on Friday 10 July a grey Vauxhall Corsa was travelling along Benwick Road when the car swerved and entered a ditch.
Emergency services attended and the driver - John Maurice Vieira, 79, of Plumtree Mobile Home Park, Marham – was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
However he died 11 days later (on July 21) as a result of his injuries.
A spokesperson for the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews arrived to find a vehicle had left the road and ended up in a ditch.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters used specialist equipment to release the casualty, who was left in the care of the ambulance service.”
Anyone with any information regarding the collision should report this online at www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101, quoting incident number 152 of July 10.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k