6 of the finest brunch spots around Ely
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
One of the best meals of the week, a leisurely brunch can’t be beat - however you like your eggs. Here are the best cafes, restuarants and pubs in Ely serving up full English breakfasts, breakfast burgers and all the brunch options in between.
A popular American-themed restaurant. Go English, American or Canadian with the Breakfast Menu available at Arbuckles. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are also available.
The Swan on the River, Littleport
Relaxed eating spot by the River Ouse at Littleport. Visitors are able to unwind and enjoy the peaceful setting for breakfast. It offers traditional breakfasts or hot sandwiches if you need to set yourself up for the day. Lighter options such as fruit and yoghurt and an omelette are also available.
You may also want to watch:
This cute tapas café takes on traditional breakfast options and has given some of them a Spanish twist. There’s Spanish black pudding on the Full English, a potato and cheese tortilla dish served with a fried egg and the Habis Chorizo is chorizo served with potato and scrambled egg with toast.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
The Isle of Ely, Ely
The Isle of Ely may be best known for its pub grub and burgers, but a couple of brunch options are buried in its menu. There’s the Brunch Burger which is a beef burger topped with cheese, smoked streaky bacon, sautéed mushrooms and a fried egg. The All Day Brunch is essentially a fry up served with chips.
Applejacks at Twenty Pence Garden Centre, Wilburton
Breakfast options are back on the menu at Applejacks, the café spot Twenty Pence Garden Centre. Enjoy a browse around the garden centre before sitting down for brunch. There’s quite a selection on the menu – it’s difficult to choose what to go for.
La Hogue Farm Shop & Café, Chippenham
Like many businesses which have just reopened after lockdown, La Hogue is operating a simplified menu at the moment. But much of the All Day Breakfast menu is still available. For them, they use La Hogue’s homemade free-range pork sausages, unsmoked bacon and local free range eggs.