Winter wonderland shop fronts win best dressed windows in March
- Credit: Archant
Winter wonderlands decked with lights, Santa, reindeer and glitter scooped top prize for Thing-Me-Bobs and Daddy Cabs in March’s Christmas window competition.
The team at Thing-Me-Bobs, located on Broad Street, created the display as they wanted to go that “extra mile” throughout the festive period.
While Daddy Cabs Simon Stiff created a unique mail design showing cards spilling out of the mailbox to Santa.
He proudly displayed his winning trophy on his Facebook page.
Sue Woolnough, store manager at the discount retailer Thing-Me-Bobs, said: “We always go big on our Christmas displays and our shop window was a real team effort – we are delighted to have won.
You may also want to watch:
“This competition was a great opportunity for us to all work together and go the extra mile to create something magical using items we sell here in the store.
“The town looks fantastic this year – the lights are particularly lovely and it’s so nice to have local businesses adding a bit of extra sparkle with these festive displays.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“Our trophy is displayed with pride in our winning shop window and we’re looking forward to using the prize money as part of our staff Christmas celebrations.”