Best ever GCSE results for Community College in Whittlesey
A COMMUNITY college in Whittlesey has achieved its best ever GCSE exam results with 69 per cent of its students gaining five or more A*-C grades including English and Maths.
The dramatic improvement at Sir Harry Smith Community College is a 10 per cent rise on grades recorded last year.
The college also achieved another record as 80 per cent of all pupils gained five A*-C grades across a range of subjects.
Stephen Joyce was the pick of the bunch achieving nine A*, two A and two B grades.
Delighted principal Jonathan Digby said: “The students and staff have worked so hard to achieve these fantastic results and I am delighted that their endeavours have paid off so well.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been a real pleasure to watch the students open their envelopes and to see their faces when they realise how well they have done.
“Students and staff deserve many congratulations for what they have achieved this year and I look forward to seeing record numbers of students joining our Sixth Form in September.”
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Leading students results
Stephen Joyce 9A*, 2A, 2B
Kirsty Hill 5A*, 4A, 2B
Jack Reeves 3A*, 5A, 4B
Laura Arnold 2A*, 6A, 3B
Emily Dale 2A*, 6A, 4B
Sophie Rouse 6A, 6B
Rebecca Fowler 7A, 4B
Danielle Merchant 7A, 4B
Lauren Sims 7A, 5B
Chiara Cook 2A*, 8A, 3B
Nichola Dickinson 1A*, 9A, 1B
Debbie Underwood 10A, 2B