Best GCSE results year ever for Marshland High School with increase in top grades
- Credit: Archant
Marshland High School is celebrating its best ever results, with almost two thirds (65pc) of students gaining five or more A*-C, 57 per cent including English and Maths.
Four in five students achieved an A*-C grade in English and there was a rise in the proportion of A* and A grades.
Headteacher, Liz Dormor, said: “My congratulations go to all the students on their fantastic results.
“This was a superb year group of students who worked really hard and deserve these great results.
“I am really pleased for them. My thanks also goes to all the staff who have worked really hard to help our students achieve these excellent results.”
HIGH PERFORMING STUDENTS
Lissi Campbell 5 A*s, 6 As and 1 B
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
Rhian Quenby 4 A*s, 5 As and 2 Bs
Rebecca Coleman 4 A*s, 3 As and 4 Bs
Kitty Whitaker 1 A*, 8 As and 2 Bs
Juste Zaliskeviviute 2 A*s, 8 As and 1 C
Sian Spear 4 As, 6 Bs and 2 Cs
Matthew Rose 4 A*s, 4 As and 3 Cs
Phoebe Chapman 6 As and 5 Bs
Kieran Lambourne 7As, 3 Bs and 1 C
Hannah Brown 1A*, 5 As, 3 Bs and 1 C