Bethany is top of the chops
- Credit: Archant
Bethany Hancock is using her birthday party as a perfect place to let her hair down - literally.
The soon to be eight year old is having a roller skating party with buddies and afterwards, while still at the venue, have her hair cut short to make a wig for the Little Princess Trust.
The roller skating fan decided to combine her birthday with a chance to raise awareness and money for the charity which makes wigs for young people who have lost their hair through chemotherapy treatment.
Her mum Kerri Hancock said: “The daughter of a family friend of ours had a wig from the trust when she was undergoing treatment for leukaemia.
“The trust is an amazing charity that does such good work for young people.
You may also want to watch:
“Watching a close friend go through chemotherapy at a young age is scary enough as it is but to then witness their horror at them losing their hair is heart wrenching.
“Looks are very important to a young girl and no hair can mean very low self esteem.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“Bethany recently watched a You Tube video about the charity and she was determined to have her own hair cut to help children less fortunate than her. At first we worried in case she regretted it but she is determined as she said she is lucky when others aren’t.”
The seven year old Elm Primary School pupil is hosting her birthday party at Rollers in Walpole Highway later this month and when the party ends a hairdresser will chop her mop.
As well as donating her hair Bethany hopes to raise enough money to make the wig - about £350. To donate visit Justgiving.com/mopchop4Bethany.