Bicycle Crime in March
A COUPLE of months ago I was concerned that bicycle related crime seems to be ignored in March. Recently, a police officer told me the reason; it is not identified as a priority following consultation with residents from March.
A COUPLE f months ago I was concerned that bicycle related crime seems to be ignored in March. Recently, a police officer told me the reason; it is not identified as a priority following consultation with residents from March. Not surprising, this set me thinking.
The police consult with a group of residents to decide priorities in that area. Just for a moment lets consider that this group already have an interest in an unlawful activity, just for the sake of argument lets have a silly example, murder. As a result of consultation with this group of citizens, priorities are set, and murder is not identified as a priority!
There, I said it was a silly example, however, if we replace the word ‘murder’ with say ‘financial self interest’ it becomes not such a silly example but something far more sinister!
Roll on the May 2011 elections.
You may also want to watch:
By the way, congratulations on the excellent article a few weeks ago when Julie Spence ‘debunked’ some of the myths surrounding the absurd and dangerous Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. However may I just correct one small point, CRB checks pre-dated the Soham murders by about 10 years.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years