Get in the swing of it at charity big band night in Prickwillow
- Credit: Archant
A night of swing, jive, jazz and music from the 1940s will be showcased at the Hiam Sports and Social Club in Prickwillow.
The event will take place on December 15 in aid of Cambridgeshire Wildlife Care with the Galaxy Big Band and interim music by Get in the Swing Disco.
The band plays a mixture of swing, jive, jazz and popular music from the 1940s and beyond for dancing or listening to, while Get in The Swing Disco fills in between sets with a similar mix.
Doors open from 7.15pm and there will be a licensed bar, free parking, dance floor and food available in the interval, ranging from locally produced quarter pounder burgers with a vegetarian option and jumbo sausages.
Tickets are £16 each and are available in advance only from Heather on 01223812704, 07876522934 or email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
1940s style dress is optional.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache