Big jobs boost as major building company looks to recruit 70 apprentices with “significant” number based in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A major building company wants 70 full time trainees with a “significant” number of the jobs to be based in Wisbech.
R G Carter announced the recruitment drive today and hopes to hire all 70 within the next two months.
The company – which recently completed the new Tesco store at Chatteris- promised “competitive training packages for ‘on the job’ education”.
A company spokesman said: “The roles on offer are very diverse and range from traditional skills to design and all levels of management.”
New recruits will join an apprentice programme managed by the Carter Academy.
You may also want to watch:
“We want people preferably in their late teens with a driving licence to embark on a unique accelerated training course in carpentry or brickwork,” said the spokesman.
“The programme, with experienced craft mentors in attendance will see trainees achieve a level 2 apprenticeship in either site carpentry or brickwork in around 18 months.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
The academy is also recruiting trainee managers in contract management, quantity surveying, estimating, and design and planning throughout its 12 regional offices.
Successful candidates will be enrolled onto part time honours degree courses with professional accreditation being the ultimate academic goal.
Jeremy Moynihan, HR director, said: “We are looking for focused and committed young people who genuinely want a sustained career in construction to join our teams for the long term.
“The construction industry has shown steady growth during the last year and at R G Carter we have an excellent track record of training and investment in the future of our people”.
Anyone interested needs to apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org