Big smiles for the boys who lost their family dog in a house fire thanks to Peterborough City footballers
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers who lost their much loved dog in a house fire that ruined everything downstairs in the family home have been treated to a day at Peterborough United Football club to meet their favourite players.
Six year old Declan Shaw and his five year old brother Noah, received bags of goodies from POSH players including a signed match ball, clothing, a shirt worn in the FA cup and a tour of the changing rooms.
Mum Charlene said: “The boys faces lit up, to them their favourite players Jon Taylor and Martin Sameulsen are the biggest celebrities on the planet.
“They haven’t stopped going on about meeting them, it has made their year, in fact I think they will never stop talking about the day we went to POSH.”
Charlene, of East Delph, Whittlesey, said: “We were all really touched by the fact this was arranged for us and need to say a big thankyou to Colin Martin and Brian Parker who made the day possible and also everybody at the club.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire happened in January and is believed to be due to an electrical fault.
Charlene came back from the afternoon school run and opened the door to find their house full of thick black smoke.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Their nine month old Patterjack dog Dudley died in the blaze and they lost everything they owned downstairs due to smoke damage.
Since the blaze the family have been living with Charlene’s grandad in his two bedroom home while they wait for their house to be redecorated.
They move back in this weekend thanks to their landlord who arranged for the building work to be completed within eight weeks.