Big Society or old fashioned kindness?
IF someone who hasn’t any means of transport needs to attend a hospital appointment or unfortunately needs to go somewhere urgently and another person helps them out is this what David Cameron and his Spin Doctors would like to call The Big Society?
Not at all! It is old fashioned kindness, generosity and caring and it has been with us for years. All the government policy in the world cannot manufacture that, and call it Big Society.
The so called Big Society is a big smoke screen for all the swingeing cuts the Tory led government is instigating.
What they really want is for people to volunteer to do jobs that were originally done by people laid off. In some areas, to name a couple of jobs; school crossing patrols and Librarians.
The policy seems to be “prioritise or get rid of”.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village