Big Society or old fashioned kindness?
IF someone who hasn’t any means of transport needs to attend a hospital appointment or unfortunately needs to go somewhere urgently and another person helps them out is this what David Cameron and his Spin Doctors would like to call The Big Society?
Not at all! It is old fashioned kindness, generosity and caring and it has been with us for years. All the government policy in the world cannot manufacture that, and call it Big Society.
The so called Big Society is a big smoke screen for all the swingeing cuts the Tory led government is instigating.
What they really want is for people to volunteer to do jobs that were originally done by people laid off. In some areas, to name a couple of jobs; school crossing patrols and Librarians.
The policy seems to be “prioritise or get rid of”.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden