Big Society or old fashioned kindness?
IF someone who hasn’t any means of transport needs to attend a hospital appointment or unfortunately needs to go somewhere urgently and another person helps them out is this what David Cameron and his Spin Doctors would like to call The Big Society?
Not at all! It is old fashioned kindness, generosity and caring and it has been with us for years. All the government policy in the world cannot manufacture that, and call it Big Society.
The so called Big Society is a big smoke screen for all the swingeing cuts the Tory led government is instigating.
What they really want is for people to volunteer to do jobs that were originally done by people laid off. In some areas, to name a couple of jobs; school crossing patrols and Librarians.
The policy seems to be “prioritise or get rid of”.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s