Bike bonanza in Coates with enthusiasts from across the region
- Credit: Archant
Motorbike enthusiasts gathered for a day of nostalgia, petrol head chat and camaraderie for the Whittlesea Motorcycle Club annual show.
More than 120 bikes across the region were on display in the event on the green outside the Vine public house at Coates.
Barry Bloxham, chairman of the club, said: “It’s a friendly club where we get together with shared passion of our bikes.
“There were some lovely bikes that turned up on the day.”
Among them three Norton and Triumph cross bikes - Tritons, a Triumph 500cc speedtwin and a lovely example of one of he old GPO bikes used to deliver telegrams - the red BSA Bantam.
You may also want to watch:
“Bikes from across the years were there with some “older than me!” Barry said.
The club has around 40 members who meet every other week at the Vine on Tuesdays at 7.30pm.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
The club began in 2001 and within a couple of months a small committee was elected to form a club.
They decided to retain the original spelling of “Whittlesea” rather than the current spelling “Whittlesey”
Over the years the club has supported various charity events and enjoy many meets and ride outs including stays in the Lake District and across the water to Spain.