Manea boy Bill, aged five, gearing up for cycling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A five-year-old boy from Manea is to cycle three-and-a-half miles to raise money for a girl who needs a life-saving operation.
Bill Grant, five, who goes to Manea Primary School Bill’s, came up with the idea for his ‘Little Sponsored Bike Ride’ to raise money for Eden Eyre, who has been diagnosed a rare form of cancer.
£200,000 is needed so Eden can have a vaccine treatment in America and so far £175,000 has been raised thanks to The Eden Eyre Fairy Project page on Facebook.
Bill’s mum, Keri Bishop, said: “Our Bill wants to do his bit and help raise some money for her so any donation you can make would be very much appreciated.
“He’s such an outdoors boy and I’ve just bought him a new push bike to do the ride.
You may also want to watch:
“Bill keeps asking every day when the cycle is. He’s just happy to be doing it; he’s a very grown up five-year-old.
“Bill is like a young man already, really.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
To sponsor Bill’s cycle ride, call Keri on 07490 234009.