Bingo night for Billy Lee at Wisbech St Mary
- Credit: Archant
A bingo night and raffle will bring in funds for the Billy Lee Back on My Own Two Feet campaign.
The evening takes place on Friday April 10 at Wisbech St Mary community centre.
Doors open at 6.30pm for eyes down at 7.30pm.
Organisers have bagged some great raffle prizes from local companies and invite everyone to go along to have a great night while raising funds for a worthy cause.
The fund was launched with the aim of raising £70,000 for 20-year-old Billy Lee who lost his right leg when surgeons amputated it to remove a tumour the size of a small can of baked beans.
You may also want to watch:
The money is needed to buy the apprentice electrician a ‘bionic’ leg to enable him to enjoy a normal life.
Parents Rebecca (Bex) and Spencer Lee have been overwhelmed by the support for the fund which has seen cash and offers of fund raising events flood in.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas