Families wing their way to Fens Falconry in Wisbech to see beautiful birds on display
- Credit: Archant
Families visited Fenland’s dedicated bird of prey centre this weekend for a unique opportunity to see falcons, buzzards and owls up close.
Around 60 people attended the event held at Fens Falconry in Wisbech on Saturday (August 25).
Children were able to take part in a range of bird handling sessions with dedicated instructors as well as take part in games and activities.
Ellen Carlile, who organised the event, said: “It was a wonderful day and the children really loved it.
“It was a chance for us to get people in and show them who we are and appreciate what we do with the birds.
You may also want to watch:
“We held an Easter egg hunt earlier in the year so decided it would be a good idea to do something like this. It’s nice to be able to raise a bit of money for the centre too.
“Hopefully this will be an annual event now.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
The day ran from 10.30am to 4.30pm.